At SUGR, we take your privacy seriously.
This document explains what kind of information Sugr, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates collects and stores, including personal information. Sugr Products include our mobile and web applications.
We pledge to:
- Be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- Ask your permission before sharing your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for purposes other than to provide Sugr’s services, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
- Use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the Sugr Products from unauthorized access.
By using this service, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described below.
What information does the SugrCube collect?
The SugrCube collects:
- Technical information from the device Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the SugrCube, we record your SugrCube model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as battery charge level. What information does the SugrCube app collect?
The SugrCube app collects:
- Facebook public information
- Technical information from the device
Facebook public information:
When you use SugrCube app, you’ll be asked to login your facebook passport. This will enable SugrCube to find out your friends who are also using SugrCube.
Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with SugrCube, we record your SugrCube model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as sensor status and battery charge level.
If I use Works with SugrCube to connect third-party products and services to Sugr, will information be shared?
Any data that Sugr receives from your connected devices or services will be stored by Sugr and will be subject to this policy.
This information may be processed in the same ways as any other data that is a part of your Sugr account or the Sugr logs.
What additional information does Sugr collect and store when a user connects a Sugr Product to the Internet or creates an account?
To access your Sugr Product over the Internet from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. During setup, the Sugr Product will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with Sugr servers and download software updates.
Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your Sugr Product regularly sends the data described above in this privacy statement (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to Sugr to provide you with the service.
Additionally, when you create a Sugr Account, we collect and store your email address. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from Sugr.
Like most Internet sites, we routinely record log entries (including information such as your IP address) and technical information (such as your browser type and version) when your browser, mobile device or Sugr Product contacts our servers.
These log files are used for troubleshooting, and are stored on our cloud servers.
How does Sugr use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve Sugr Products and services, including information and recommendations about your products or energy use. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your Sugr use. We use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our cloud servers. Depending on your location and type of data. Sugr may process your personal information on servers that are not in your home country.
In what circumstances does Sugr share my information? Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Sugr Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists. The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- With your consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you sign up through our website for some of the savings programs offered by our energy partners. If you do this, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include things like your enrollment information and the activation status of your device. Similarly, when you connect third-party devices and services to your Sugr Products through the Works with Sugr program, you are shown information about any proposed exchange of data. Your explicit consent is required to allow this exchange on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time.
- For external processing: We have service technicians who help to answer your questions and who also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
- These technicians (as well as Sugr employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Sugr purposes.
- Business Transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good-faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons.
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners.
For example, we may, publish trends about energy use or elevated carbon monoxide levels in the home. This information may al so be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the Sugr community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share this information with energy companies, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Sugr or its service providers in China and other countries where our servers reside.
As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
If you select an outside party for the purchase, installation, or service of your Sugr device and share your personal information, we cannot control the collection, storage or sharing of information collected by that party. For example, if you bought your SugrCube from a retailer, they may collect personal information as part of the transaction. Or the party that installed the device may retain information that you provided to them to assist them in servicing the device if needed. Always check the privacy policies for any company that collects your personal information.
How long does Sugr save my personal information and how can I delete it?
Sugr stores your personal information on Sugr’s cloud servers for as long as you remain a Sugr customer in order to provide you with the services. As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the Sugr device.
All information is encrypted and cannot easily be accessed. You can delete the information on the Sugr device by resetting it to the defaults.
You can access, amend or delete your personal information from Sugr’s servers through the controls in your account.
Because of the way we maintain certain services, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Please note that this privacy statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.